When I first got my stater kit I was overwhelmed. There is a lot included and I wasn’t sure how to begin. Don’t worry, I’m here to help! I am going to give you a break down of each product and what I use them for. You’ll be oiling it up in no time!
- There are 2 choices of diffusers with the kit priced at $165. Dew Drop or Desert Mist. Dew Drop and Desert Mist illuminate with 11 different color modes. They diffuse about 4 hours on high mode and 8 hours on low mode. Each diffuser comes with instructions, but basically you add water to the fill line and then about 8-10 drops of oils, then turn it on and it will mist the aroma throughout the room.
- The first is Dew Drop and the second is Desert Mist.
First, let me start by saying that the Vitality™ oils are all safe to ingest. I put these oils in a little bit of water and drink it down. All of the oils come with a label with directions for usually about 1-4 drops. Make sure you check the label before ingesting and always start with the minimum.
- Lemon Vitality™ 5-ml
- Dietary – I put 2 drops of this oil in my water everyday for immunity and tummy health.*
- Topically – This is an ingredient in my homemade face serum (post to follow in the near future) because of its brightening effect.
- Aromatically – I love using lemon as an addition to floral and/or earthy scents.
- Citrus Fresh Vitality™ 5-ml
- Dietary – I occasionally use 2 drops in my water for tummy health.
- Topically – This oil is great for an uplifting scent.
- Aromatically – I love the citrus and minty smell, I love to diffuse this one with just about any other earthy or floral scent.
- DiGize™ Vitality™ 5-ml
- Dietary – The name says it all, it is awesome for occasional tummy troubles or taken daily for digestive health.*
- Topically – I use a few drops on my stomach for the occasional upset, rubbing clockwise around my belly button.*
- Aromatically – I have used this in the diffuser with Frankincense or Thieves and it smells wonderful. It has a lot of herbs like Tarragon, Lemongrass, and Fennel so it compliments the earthy scents.
- Thieves® Vitality™ 5-ml
- Dietary – Thieves is a combination of a lot of herbs you might have on your seasoning rack, like Clove, Cinnamon, Rosemary, and more. The name comes from the time of the bubonic plague when thieves would burn these herbs to keep the disease away while they robbed the dead! That says something about its immunity benefits. Add this to your water for a healthy immunity.
- Topically – This wonderful oil is used for overall health on the bottom of the feet and on the back.* It is also the main ingredient in Young Living’s cleaning line. I also add some drops to my dryer balls for great smelling laundry.
- Aromatically – This oil smells wonderful and clean. It diffuses really well with lavender!
- Peppermint Vitality™ 5-ml
- Dietary – Oh Peppermint how I love thee… Peppermint is a key ingredient in DiGize so it’s also great for the stomach. I put 2 drops in water or 1 drop directly on my tongue for fresh breath (be careful, it’s powerful, 1 drop only).*
- Topically – I put 1 drop on my finger and apply it to my temples and behind my ears if I have any head pressure. I also use it together with lavender for any belly or head discomfort. Apply 1 or 2 drops of each and apply in a circular motion around the belly button or to the temples and back of the ears.*
- Aromatically – I diffuse Peppermint for head, sinus, and tummy health. Peppermint is also great when inhaled. I just take the cap off the bottle and inhale deeply 3 times. It’s also useful in some boiling water. I sometimes will boil a pot of water, put 1 or 2 drops of Peppermint, remove the pot and create a tent with a towel over my head to inhale the steam and Peppermint.*
These next set of oils should only be used topically and aromatically and should not be ingested!
- PanAway® 5-ml
- Topically – I use this oil for tired muscles. I made a roller to dilute it with carrier oil and will sometimes use it on my neck or shoulders before and after yoga. It has a great cooling sensation.
- Aromatically – PanAway has an awesome minty scent, as it contains, Wintergreen, Helichrysum, Clove, and Peppermint, so it is invigorating in the diffuser.
- Raven™ 5-ml
- Topically – This oil contains Ravintsara, Peppermint, Eucalyptus Radiata, Lemon, and Wintergreen, so it has a very crisp aroma. You can dilute it with carrier oil and rub it on your chest for a fresh deep breath.
- Aromatically – I have used Raven in the diffuser to give the room a fresh scent.
- Valor™ 5-ml
- Topically – Valor™ is a wonderful combination of earthy, sweet, with a hint of floral. Put it on your wrists and behind your ears to encourage a sense of cal confidence.
- Aromatically – I use this oil to get things done with confidence and strength! It balances out nicely with any citrus or earthy oil.
- Frankincense 5-ml
- Topically – I use Frankincense for all my skin needs. This is also an ingredient in my homemade face serum.
- Aromatically – Frankincense is an essential oil meant for grounding and calming. I love to diffuse it when meditating or doing yoga.
- Lavender 5-ml
- Topically – I also use Lavender for all my skin needs and this is another of the oils I added in my face serum. It is also just a great addition to any oil you’re applying topically because of its calming scent.
- Aromatically – I use Lavender to compliment other citrus and/or earthy scents and because of its calming aroma.
- *ADDED BONUS OILS*
- Stress Away™ 5-ml
- Topically – This oil is exactly as advertised. It contains Lime, Vanilla extract, Copaiba, Lavender, and Cedarwood and it smells wonderful! I like to apply this to the back of my ears and my neck when feeling overwhelmed. I used the roller that comes with the kit and popped it directly on the top to roll it on my skin.
- Aromatically – This would be great to diffuse after a hard day’s work or at any stressful time.
- Peace & Calming™ 5-ml
- Topically – This oil does exactly what it says and is a staple for me. It smells so amazing as well! I put this on my wrists and behind my ears for the effect it advertises and I’m good to go!
- Aromatically – I diffuse P&C sometimes with a citrus or with valor to make it more upbeat and motivating or with lavender at bedtime!
- Stress Away™ 5-ml
These next few items are samples of some other Young Living products.
- Thieves Cleaner Spray 1-oz. travel size
- This is, hands down, the best smelling cleaner you’ll ever smell. People have asked me what I’m using when I wipe down my counters because it smells that good! It’s a combination of Thieves® essential oil, Lemon, and Clove. Thieves® is known for its immune strengthening, along with Lemon which is well-known for its cleaning ability, and Clove that has anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. So not only does it smell wonderful, but it is a powerful cleaner, and its safe to use around children and pets!
- Spray surfaces and the air for a fresh, clean, and SAFE scent!
- 2 NingXia Red® 2-oz. samples
- This is an antioxidant drink that contains super foods like, wolfberry, plum, aronia, cherry, blueberry, and pomegranate juices and extracts. I use it as an immunity builder and it gives me a boost and tastes great! You can add it to a smoothie or juice for a kick too!
- 2 Roller Top Fitments
- You can fit these tops on any oil of your choice for a quick way to apply. I top Peace & Calming and DiGize for all my calming issues and tummy issues!
The kit also comes with a beautifully presented catalog/product information book and Young Living’s magazine, Essential Edge. PLUS…all the gifts I give you for becoming MY member!
If you already have the kit and this article helped you, I’m so glad! Otherwise, consider making the move for you and your family’s health. I am SO glad I did. Join me! Click here to get started!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.